Thursday, August 16, 2007

 
Wake me up. When August ends.
By MJB


Baseball. Baseball. Baseball. Yankees pull within four. Back to five. Yawn. Fart.
These are the dog days of Summer my friends...and I would literally pay Mike Vick half of my current checking account ($1.15) to electrocute said dogs.
Seriously folks, I can't remember being more bored with sports at any point within the past 10 years.
Thankfully, the Celtics saved the early part of our Summer with juicy gossip columns throughout the internet community on the Raymond Allen trade, KG trade and rumoured Reggie Miller aquisition (I've learned from various wrestling website's that it's more sleazy and fun when you spell "rumored" like "rumoured").
But right now? Things are simply painful.
Maybe it's the fact that I live 3,000 miles away from the aforementioned pennant race, but it just doesn't have that juice right now.
Once that familiar Fall aroma stirrs the air, I'm sure all that will change and things will go back to normal. For baseball becomes artful when the leaves change color.
But for now, it's come down to simply watching Baseball Tonight every night. And for no good reason.
Karl Ravech tells me Prince Fielder "went yard."
John Kruk tells me that he actually wasn't that good of a player and that he only has a job on ESPN because he was slightly obese and once turned his helmet backwards against Randy Johnson in the All-Star Game.
Random black guy Du Jour that's trying way too hard to be Harold Reynolds tells us that the Yankees are getting hot and that "Red Sox Nation" (is there a more over-used phrase in sports right now?) should begin to get worried.
Well as a non-card carrying member of "Red Sox Nation," I'm not worried. But I almost wish I was.
At this point, it's simply counting down the days until the Pats meet the Jets in the Meadowlands on Sept. 9.
So as I sit here, drinking a poorly-made Margarita, remember, life isn't all about sports.
It's about sex, drugs, rock-and-roll and watching YouTube video's of Reggie Miller at 3 a.m..
Enjoy the rest of your summer.



Here's a terrific clip from our friends at TNT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzpzbjYqe9M

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?